Monday, February 16, 2009

Dallin's Birthday Dinner


Last night we had Tanner, Kate, and Dallin over for Dallins "belated" birthday dinner. We were supposed to have it last week but Dallin got really sick and then BJ was really sick. Dallin asked me to cook chicken a la king, orange jello (with vanilla pudding and mandarin oranges), and Texas sheet cake. I have to say that everything turned out really yummy...thanks to mom for the recipes. I sure love having the boys and Kate over. It is fun to get to know Kate better. I love being close to the boys. I will be really sad when we all have to move away. After dinner we usually migrate over to the couches and chat before they have to return home. Inevitably one of the boys falls asleep. This time Dallin was the culprit. Poor boys have such a busy schedule...work, study, play, work, study, play....etc... Actually they are both very busy and have a lot to do. It makes me tired thinking of being back in school and trying to work etc.
I worked last Friday at Orem hospital -mother/baby. I really love my job. The 12 hour shifts are hard but I know that Drake is having fun with his grandma and dad. I haven't worked in mother/baby for almost a year and a half! I was actually proud of myself for remembering things so well. It took a few hours for my brain to warm up...but I actually felt pretty confident throughout the day. I really enjoy working in women's and childrens...there is so much to learn. Now that I am a mother I can apply so much of it to my life. It is wonderful to be able to learn and keep up with medicine. When we move I would really love to keep doing what I am doing but maybe find a 3pm-11pm shift once a week...that would be perfect!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! I'm so glad you have a blog and that I finally asked! This is about the best way to keep up with people and their lives since we are all soooo busy! Even better, if they have to move away, it is a guarantee that we will stay in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you :) You have such a cute little boy! It was great to see you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blog world! So happy you have a blog, especially now that you are moving far, far away! :)

    ReplyDelete